Welcome to the Registration page for The International History Bee and Bowl’s Asian Division! Registration for all tournaments for the 2013-2014 school year will open in the fall of 2013. Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED. You must register at least 2 weeks before the tournament in which you plan on competing. If you wish to compete, but can only give us confirmation that you can come less than 2 weeks before the tournament, please email the Executive Director to see if this is still possible.
2. Schools need to bring at least one adult who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof). Adults may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping.
3. When schools register, they do not have to specify which students will be competing – we don’t really need to know this until the day of the tournament.
4. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
5. Registration is only available online through this site; you will receive an official invoice with a confirmation number at the email address you provide.
6. The Varsity Division is meant for students born in 1997 or earlier, the Junior Varsity Division, for students born in 1998 and 1999 and the Middle School Division, for students born in 2000 or more recently.
7. For any questions please contact our Executive Director, Mrs. Nolwenn Leon Madden, at email@example.com
Note 1: Teams paying by wire transfer or check must include an additional payment as stated to cover processing fees. Teams paying by cash on the tournament day are not liable for this. All schools can request a receipt on letterhead, either by email or at the tournament if the invoice generated upon completion of online registration is not sufficient. One wire or check fee covers all the teams and students per school, as long as the full payment is made.
Note 2: Please note that History Bowl teams of 2 students cost 2/3 of the price listed here, and “teams” of 1 student cost 1/3 of the prices listed here. Such teams must be registered as such; the discount otherwise does not apply. Schools interested in requesting such discounted entry fees must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note 3: No one is ever turned away for lack of payment, but if full payment, including wire or check fees if applicable, is not received within 2 weeks of the tournament date, an additional collection fee will apply (roughly $100 USD equivalent) in local currency.