Welcome to the Registration page for The International History Bee and Bowl’s Asian Division! Registration for all tournaments for the 2013-2014 school year is now open (except for the Asian Championships, for which the date is not set yet).
Registration using the form below is required in advance of each tournament. Please sign up at least a week in advance, if at all possible, though we will accept registrations until two days before the tournament. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees. Note that the Bee is included for all students who sign up with a Bowl team. If you are interested in registering a student solely for the Bee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this would be possible.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping.
3. When schools register, they do not have to specify which students will be competing – we don’t really need to know this until the day of the tournament.
4. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
5. The Varsity Division is meant for students born in 1997 or earlier, the Junior Varsity Division, for students born in 1998 and 1999 and the Middle School Division, for students born in 2000 or more recently. You can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa.
6. Teams are limited to SIX students; once you have more students interested, you need to sign up additional teams.
7. For any questions please contact our Executive Director, Mrs. Nolwenn Leon Madden, at email@example.com