The International History Bee and Bowl are two academic quiz competitions with a history focus (the Bee is for individual students, the Bowl is for teams) that are held throughout Asia each school year. Founded in 2010, IHBB organizes events now in over 25 countries around the world, including the annual Asian Championships and the biennial International History Olympiad. IHBB is administered by Mrs Nolwenn and Mr David Madden, a young married French-American couple, who oversee a staff of dozens of full and part time administrators, question writers, tournament directors, and other personnel.
All IHBB events are held in English and feature comprehensive questions on all aspects of history. We pride ourselves on running competitions that are well-designed, logistically smooth, fair to all participants, and intellectually stimulating. We firmly believe that academic competitions can help students develop confidence, deepen historical understanding, and lead to friendships formed at tournaments. University admissions officers also are often keenly interested in past participation and achievements in academic competitions.
For further details on the International History Bee and Bowl, please explore the website here and please contact our Executive Director, Mrs Nolwenn Madden at email@example.com. Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you and your team at a tournament soon!
- 2013-2014 Asian Division Regionals Question Set
- 2014 Asian Championships Questions
- 2014-2015 Regional Alpha Question Sets
- 2014-2015 Regional Beta Question Set
- 2015 Asian Championships Question Sets
- 2015-2016 IHBB Asia Alpha Set
- 2015-2016 IHBB Asia Beta Set
- 2016 Asian Championships: Academic Bowl Packets
- 2016 Asian Championships: Geography Bee of Asia
- 2016 Asian Championships: History Bee Packets
- 2016 Asian Championships: History Bowl Packets
- Sample Match Videos
- The History Bee
- The History Bowl