Registration will open soon for all 2019-2020 school year tournaments that have been scheduled so far.
To register, click on the link here to access the new registration form except for tournaments in Vietnam and mainland China:
- To register for our tournament in Vietnam, please use this form.
- To register for our tournaments in mainland China (not including Taiwan or Hong Kong) please email Mr. Suopeng Gao at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are attending tournaments in Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Beijing, or other sites in mainland China, you must contact Mr. Gao to register – do not use the above link!
Registration using the form above is required in advance of each tournament. Please sign up at least a week and a day (i.e. 8 days) before the tournament. If you need to register a week or less before the tournament, please email email@example.com and we will try to accommodate you, but we make no guarantees. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees. Note that the Bee is included for all students who sign up with a Bowl team. If you are interested in registering a student solely for the Bee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this would be possible.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof, so for example, if you are bringing 1 team, you still need to provide one reader). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping though they need to be prepared to read if needed
Note that any school whose reader is uncomfortable both reading and scorekeeping must then bring a second person per every two teams to scorekeep (though reading and scorekeeping is not at all difficult for one person to do).
3. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
4. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Varsity Division is meant for students born in August 2003 or earlier. The Junior Varsity Division is meant for students born from September 2003-August 2005. The Middle School Division is for students born in September 2005 or thereafter. In the Bowl, you can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa. In the Bee, the students can’t play up in an older age division.
5. Teams are limited to SIX students; once you have more students interested, you need to sign up additional teams.
6. For any questions please contact the IAC’s Director of the Asian, Mr. Suopeng Gao , at email@example.com.